This month’s very important training will focus on Compassion Fatigue presented by Derek Foulds, a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, as well as an Assistant Clinical Director and Program Director at Family Service Association.
Objectives for the training include:
- define stress, compassion fatigue, secondary traumatic stress and burnout.
- complete a compassion fatigue self-test.
- discuss the phases of compassion fatigue.
- discuss how the nervous system response to stress.
- discuss strategies to develop effective self-care.
- discuss what supervisors can do to help staff members improve their effectiveness and decrease burnout.
- discuss how to practice mindfulness.
- discuss magazine article re: myths about self-compassion. What keeps us from being kinder to ourselves?
Please RSVP …space is limited!